The secret is showing up.
Your audacious life goals are fabulous. We’re proud of you for having them. But it’s possible that those goals are designed to distract you from the thing that’s really frightening you–the shift in daily habits that would mean a re-invention of how you see yourself.
Organizations can always benefit from better habits. Every day. Do that first.
via Seth’s Blog: Crash diets and good habits.
Love this list by zenhabits on what to do to be a great Dad
- Sing with them.
- Run around with them.
- Make believe with them.
- Read to them daily.
- Dance with them.
- Tell them corny jokes.
- Paint with them.
- Make videos where they are the star.
- Set a healthy example by being active and eating well.
- Show them how to be independent.
- Teach them critical thinking, rather than just obedience.
- Teach them how to teach themselves.
- Don’t nag.
- Don’t be overprotective.
- Show them you’re proud of them.
- Let them make mistakes.
- When they get hurt, use that moment to teach them how to deal with pain.
- Show interest in what they’re interested in, and don’t make it seem trivial.
- Show them how to work passionately.
- Spend some quiet cuddly time with them.
- Make them pancakes with faces.
- Have Nerf dart gun fights.
- Play board games.
- Take them on hikes.
- Play sports with them.
- Show them how to use a knife.
- Be honest.
- Honor your commitments.
- Love your wife, and treat her with respect.
- Be compassionate to others, and them.
- Be happy with yourself.
» The Tiny Guide to Being a Great Dad :zenhabits.
Well hello, long time no chat. Yes, I have concentrated much of my efforts on this blog at octavity.com and at simpleweight.com.
It is not that I don’t much to say, its more I use the time to say it constructively tackling other projects.
We’ll see. I might move this to a tumblr or posterous type blog rather than wordpress to make it easier for me to post. Although WordPress is simple. I just like the idea of being able to post via email. I know I can set that up in WordPress. I just choose not to for security reasons.
Can this step child blog, find the fairy god mother and turn into royalty?